Answer: Mortgage lenders will require a Visa type that allows a non-permanent resident to be here legally and work.  They will also require a social security number, which means that they are allowed to work in the US. General guidelines include: Employment Authorization Document [EAD] which is issued by the Dept. of Homeland Security (USCIS) […]

A subscription is required to access this content—please view our available subscription options. If you are a current subscriber, please log in.