FHA – Minister-Clergy & Parsonage Income: Does FHA offer any guidance for qualifying with minister/clergy/housing/parsonage income?

Answer: FHA does not offer any clergy-specific guidance.  But they do offer a guideline on Employer Housing Subsidy (see below).  As you probably know, the unique situation with clergy is that their housing allowance is deemed income tax exempt by the IRS, and clergy can be an employee or self-employed depending on their circumstances.  If […]

A subscription is required to access this content—please view our available subscription options. If you are a current subscriber, please log in.

Scroll to Top