FHA does not allow private flood insurance policies. All properties that require flood insurance must be purchased from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP/FEMA).

FHA-Flood Insurance:  Does FHA allow the use of private flood insurance? Answer: FHA requires coverage under the NFIP/FEMA.  They don’t offer the option of private insurance coverage.  See the full guideline below. Reference: (A) General Property Eligibility: The Property must be located within the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, or […]

A subscription is required to access this content—please view our available subscription options. If you are a current subscriber, please log in.

Scroll to Top